At getaheadofthecurve.co.uk we collect different types of information about our users for four main reasons:
1. To provide personalised services unique to individual users.
2. To help us to monitor and improve the services we offer
3. To sell advertising space on the site. This helps us to keep the site free of charge.
4. With user consent, to market services to individuals users.
There may be additional privacy policies that apply to certain services on getaheadofthecurve.co.uk. Please read these at the time you register or subscribe for these services on these sites.
1. We do our utmost to protect user privacy through the appropriate use of the security technology. This means: - we ensure that we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information - we ensure that when we outsource any processes that the service provider has appropriate security measures
2. We will respect your privacy. You should receive marketing emails only from GM and, if you choose, from carefully chosen third parties. It will be made clear to you where you have these choices, for example, tick boxes will let you decide whether you wish to receive marketing. We may, however, email you occasionally with information or queries about your registration, your subscription account or postings, for example, with reminders, warnings or copyright requests.
3. We will collect and use individual user details only where we have legitimate business reasons and are legally entitled to do so
4. We will be transparent in our dealings with you as to what information about you we will collect and how we will use your information.
5. We will use personal data only for the purpose(s) for which they were originally collected and we will ensure personal data are securely disposed of.
6. Our site is accessible via the Internet. This means that, wherever you choose to post your data on the site, they can be accessed from anywhere around the world.
7. Where we or our service providers transfer data out of the European Economic Area (EEA) this is only ever done with the relevant protections required by UK law being in place.
How we use your information
What information do we collect?
We collect information on our users through registration and use of the website, through cookies, where you choose to disclose data in postings, and when you enter sales promotions and competitions (“sales promotions”).
The minimum information we need to register a user is an email address and a password. We will ask further questions for different services, including sales promotions. Unless stated, all registration questions are compulsory.
We may also ask some further, voluntary questions during registration for certain services (for example, Professional Networks) so we can gain a clearer understanding of our users. This also enables us to personalise services for our users.
We will not share your personal information with others for marketing purposes unless you have given us your permission. With your permission we will share your information only with carefully chosen third parties.
Please note that we reserve the right to access and disclose personal data to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests, to operate our systems properly and to protect both ourselves and our users.
Any third-parties who access your data in the course of providing services on our behalf are subject to strict contractual restrictions to ensure that your data is protected, and in compliance with applicable data protection/privacy legislation. We may also independently audit these service providers to ensure that they meet our standards. We may use service providers to help us run these site or services available on the sites, some of whom may be based outside the EEA.
1. For statistical purposes to track how many individual unique users we have and how often they visit our websites. We collect data listing which of our pages are most frequently visited and by which types of users and from which countries.
2. We use third-parties to collect anonymous user information, sometimes through cookies and web beacons.
3. GM and third-party advertisers will generate statistical cookies to track advertising impressions and conversions.
4. Placing cookies on your computer means we can serve you adverts that you might be more interested in and allows us to control the number of times you see them and measure how effective the ad campaign has been. This helps us to keep the site free of charge.
5. Flash cookies may be used to store user preferences for media player functionality and without them some video content may not render correctly.
You can turn cookies off but if you do this you may not be able to use all services on our websites and you might see more pop-ups and other intrusive advertising, as we won’t be able to limit what you see using cookies. You will, however, still be able to view editorial content.
About our advertising
As you browse getaheadofthecurve.co.uk, some of the cookies we place on your computer will be advertising cookies, so we can understand what sort of pages you are interested in.
This information we collect about behaviour on your computer enables us to group it with computers that show similar behaviour. We can then display advertising to your computer which is based on these interests.
It is important to remember that none of the advertising techniques we employ uses or requires us to collect information such as your name, email address, postal address or telephone number.
We may also share behavioural data with other websites. This may mean that when you are on other websites you are served advertising based on your behaviour on getaheadofthecurve.co.uk, you may be served advertising based on your behaviour on other sites.
Behavioural retargeting enables us and some of our advertising partners to show you ads based on your online reading away from getaheadofthecurve.co.uk.
If you want to opt out of receiving online behavioural advertising this does not mean that you will no longer receive advertising when you are using getaheadofthecurve.co.uk. It just means that the advertising you see will not be customised for you.
getaheadofthecurve.co.uk contain contextual affiliate links from which we may earn revenue. Our articles are never influenced by advertisers or affiliates, nor are they written for the purpose of promoting a product, except when clearly branded as a ‘sponsored feature’ or ‘advertisement feature’ or ‘sponsors content.’
Legal information and how to contact us
For the purposes of the UK Data Protection Act 1998, the Data Controller for getaheadofthecurve.co.uk and services provided through the websites by GM is Goldmine Media Limited, Office 404, Fourth Floor, Albany House, 324/326 Regent Street, London, W1B 3HH.
If you would like to obtain a copy of the personal data we hold on you, or have any queries regarding GM’s use of personal data please contact the Data Protection Manager at the above address, or by email to email@example.com